Creative Action is committed to supporting the families and communities we serve, and strive to ensure that our programs are accessible to as many families as possible. More than 90% of the total number of youth we serve receive our programs for free. Through our fee-based programs, we are able to offer financial aid for after school programming, summer camps, and day camps.
Our goal is to help as many families as possible. Please consider your family income, resources, and number of dependents in the household when deciding to apply for financial aid.
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID FOR SUMMER CAMPS IS MARCH 15, 2020.
We will notify applicants of their status in April 2020. Each family may apply for up to 2 weeks of camp per child. One application is required per child.
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID FOR SUMMER CAMPS IS MARCH 15TH, 2020. HOWEVER, CURRENTLY WE HAVE HAD AN OVERWHELMING AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER MARCH 11TH WILL BE PUT ON THE FINANCIAL AID WAITLIST. We will notify applicants of their status in April 2020.
There are two ways to apply for Financial Aid:
- Complete THIS FORM online (application is in English and Spanish).
- Print this PDF and email to email@example.com or mail to Creative Action, 1023 Springdale Road, Building 3, Austin, TX, 78721.
Note: If awarded funds you will be required to register within 10 business days to secure funds. Registration is not complete until we receive all paperwork and your registration fee is paid.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Our process is confidential.
- Applying for financial aid will neither increase nor decrease your chances of acceptance.
- We require a copy of your “free or reduced lunches” approval letter from your school for the current school year.
- For those requesting financial aid, tuition is based on a sliding scale that varies from program to program.
- Financial aid typically goes to families that are low-income, have many dependents, or are facing other financial hardships, however, we do consider granting financial aid when there are extenuating circumstances such as medical hardship, recent job loss, or a large number of dependents (i.e. financial responsibility for extended family members)
- We do not grant financial aid because of a student being enrolled in multiple programs, private school tuition or other situations involving elective activities.
- Our funds are limited and we might not be able to grant every financial aid request.
- After School financial aid spots vary by campus depending on the economic makeup of each campus. If you do not receive a financial aid spot then your application will be placed on a wait list and you will be notified if a financial aid spot opens up.
- Financial aid applications for Day Camps are due at the time of registration.
- Our Saturday classes are donation-based so financial aid is not applicable.
Have additional questions? Contact our Enrollment Coordinator, Amy Downing, at Enrollment@creativeaction.org or 512.442.8773 ext. 107.