Our high-quality, onsite, licensed after school program engages students in visual art, filmmaking, music, puppetry, creative writing, acting, and more to deepen connections to lessons learned in the classroom, all while expanding the development of social and emotional skills. Students participate in hands-on activities led by professional teaching artists to create projects that improve the community and the world around them.
- After school runs every day of the AISD calendar from the end of the school day until 6 p.m.
- The cost for the 2019-20 school year is $255/month/child but we do offer financial aid for those that qualify
- Go here to learn more about our financial aid policies and process
At Travis Heights Elementary, we also offer Storybook Adventures for Pre-K 4 students 2:12 – 2:57 p.m. Students explore reading, creative drama, movement, and art around a daily storybook. Program cost is $75/month/child from August – May.
Enrollment for the 2019-20 school year is open.
After School Schedule
3:25-4:45 – Class Time – Group A in Portable A, Group B in Portable B, Group C in 401, and Group D in the gym
4:45-5:05 – Recess – Black top / Playground
5:35-6:00 – Stations – Portable A and B
Updates & events:
- Travis Heights After School students are invited to attend Day Camps at Becker Elementary on September 23, October 11, November 11, January 6, January 7, and February 14. Check back here for a link to register.
- Students from all schools are invited to attend Day Camps at Creative Action on October 14 and February 17. Check back here for a link to register.
Chelsea Hockaday, Site Coordinator
Chelsea is a performer, scenic painter and designer hailing from Louisiana, where she studied Theatre at Bossier Parish Community College and Centenary College of Louisiana. She has worked in after school enrichment, with The Settlement Home, and in adolescent behavior health. She loves her ukulele, aerial silks, and fostering dogs!