Schools may seek effective, innovative solutions to improve attendance, test scores, morale, and behavior. Creative Action can partner with schools to design an immersive, comprehensive, year-round onsite program. Started as a partnership between Creative Action and Austin Independent School District, our Spark Schools program develops daily arts-integrated curriculum, embedded social and emotional learning, and professional development that transforms campus culture and student performance.
Our program can include:
- Ongoing, intensive, classroom artists-in-residencies in theatre, visual art, and digital media
- Drama-based, five-session residencies for each classroom, supporting social and emotional learning
- Performances and cultural events to create and sustain community-building
- Campus transformation through the installation of murals, public art, and community spaces
- Creative Action expert staff working year-round onsite to facilitate collaboration and professional development during staff meetings, workshops, and classroom visits