Our professional learning sessions emphasize creative teaching strategies that build community, connection, and capacity for change – in the classroom, and in our educational and work environments. Professional Development is available to schools, teachers and organizations interested in using the arts to activate learning, create community, and facilitate dialogue around critical social issues. Creative Action is an approved provider of Continuing Professional Education credits through the state of Texas.
Available to schools, teachers, and organizations interested in using the arts to activate learning, build community and facilitate dialogue around critical social issues.
Available for Continuing Professional Education Credit from the state of Texas for school teachers/staff. Highly interactive. (1 session, 3 hours, online or in person).
Appropriate for all grade levels:
- Conflict Resolution and Effective Apologies: Putting Students in Charge of Solving Conflict: This workshop differentiates between conflict and bullying, introduces a 4-step process for conflict resolution, and examines effective apologies and the role they play in solving conflict.
- Talking to Young People About Race, Part I and II: This workshop will explore why and how to talk about race with young people, as an anti-racist strategy. We welcome all racial identities and experience levels in this dialogue. Teachers, parents, and youth workers have expressed appreciation for the resources, examples, and stories shared that help normalize ongoing conversations about noticing racial and ethnic identities. This workshop is within restrictions stated in HB3979 legislation that bans discussion of critical race theory.
- Activating Youth Voice in the K-12 Classroom: Creative, inquiry-based strategies for activating and centering youth voice about social justice issues in the classroom at all grade levels.
- Creatively Connecting to Students’ Lives: This workshop will explore how creative teaching can build bridges between school curriculum and students’ lives, helping young people to find relevance in their learning.
Appropriate for elementary level:
- Reduce Bullying through Creative Teaching and Community Building: Interactive, hands-on workshop using creative teaching strategies to reduce bullying and increase connection and community in the classroom.
- Building Community through Creative Strategies:This interactive, hands-on training will explore how to use creative strategies to build a sense of community in the classroom where growth mindset and creative teaching and learning can flourish
- Kids Can Change the World: Using Math to Make Murals in your Classroom: Activate learning through the process of planning, creating and producing murals using math appropriate to various grade levels. Connect core content to arts-based activities that emphasize critical thinking, creative expression, and joyful learning.
- Kids Can Change the World: Using History to Make Parades in your Classroom: Activate learning through the process of planning, creating and producing parades to activate social studies or ELA curriculum. Connect core content to arts-based activities that emphasize critical thinking, creative expression, and joyful learning.
Want something different? We are happy to work with you to develop an arts-centered professional development workshop for your staff. Contact us email@example.com