Through professional development workshops and one-on-one coaching by our expert staff and professional Teaching Artists, classroom teachers learn how to enhance student engagement, teach core academic content, and support social and emotional learning through arts-based instructional strategies.
Creative Action’s professional development:
- Leverages research-based arts education practices to deepen academic, social, and emotional learning in the classroom.
- Supports culturally responsive and relevant teaching and learning.
- Provides a unique, embedded approach through which students and teachers participate in arts-based learning together.
- Helps administrators and teachers build upon existing initiatives with customized content.
- Blends multiple art forms to achieve the highest level of engagement and enrichment.
Building a Safe and Supported Classroom, November 8, 2018, Full day optional.
8 – 11 am. Addressing Bullying through Creative Teaching Strategies
12 – 3 pm. Responding to Bias in the Classroom: Transforming Challenges into Opportunities
Learner Centered Practice, February 6, 2019, Full day optional
8 – 11 am. Creative Rituals and Routines to Foster Community and Growth Mindset
12 – 3 pm. Using Creative Teaching Strategies to Connect Curriculum to Students’ Lives
Kids Can Change the World!, March 2, 2019
9:30 am – 3:30 pm. Making Murals and Parades in Your Classroom
Interested in bringing any of these programs to your school? Complete the form below and someone from our programs team will follow up with you. Thank you!