Grades 6th-8th | 25 Students | 4 One-Hour Sessions (Including a Follow-Up)
The focus of this program for middle school youth is to promote healthy relationships. Developed with the UT School of Nursing, the show educates youth about bullying, cyber-bullying, and sexual harassment through interactive theatre, role play, and group activity. Young people work as a team to develop and articulate goals for ending cyber-bullying and sexual harassment in their community.
Goals & Outcomes
To teach students about teenage bullying as youth prepare to enter high school.
After the Crossing the Line program, students will:
- Develop and articulate personal goals
- Understand and unpack gender stereotypes and gender roles
- Learn and apply working definitions for the terms: bully, target, bystander, boundaries, consent, healthy relationship, unhealthy relationship, tease, taunt, flirt, hurt, respect, disrespect, and cyber bullying
- Develop an understanding of the impact of negative bullying and sexual bullying/harassment behavior upon a community and develop empathy for those who are targeted
What will your students learn?
- Supplement to General Health Curriculum
Themes and Skills
- Gender roles and Stereotyping
- Conflict Resolution
- Social & Emotional Literacy
- Critical Thinking