Creative Action’s highly successful, multi-day, interactive performance residencies use theatre and dialogue activities in Pre-K–7th grade classrooms to activate social and emotional development, creative thinking, and problem-solving skills. These programs serve more than 500 classrooms and 11,000 students each year.
All of our Interactive Performances are adaptable for students with special needs. We have worked with Odyssey School, Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired, and Texas School for the Deaf. Customized programs are also available upon request.
Creative Action works closely with administrators to make our programs accessible to all Central Texas schools. Our five-day Interactive Performances are available for $400.00 at full price with some sliding scale pricing available.
Interested in bringing our interactive performances to your school? Please contact Senior Director of School & Community Partnerships, Shobie Partos at 512-442-8773 ext. 108 or email@example.com.
See a list of all our interactive performances here.
Each year, Creative Action works with area school districts to conduct professional development for teachers. Teachers gain new techniques and arts-based strategies that engage students and support student mastery of core academic content as well as social and emotional learning.
Below are just a few of the benefits of the training:
- Bridges academic, social and emotional learning through creative learning strategies
- Imparts cultural responsiveness and relevance
- Provides a unique, embedded approach through which students and teachers participate in arts-based learning
- Helps administrators and teachers build upon existing initiatives with customized content
- Blends multiple art forms to achieve the highest level of engagement and enrichment
Interested in bringing any of these programs to your school? Please contact Senior Director of School & Community Partnerships, Shobie Partos at 512-442-8773 ext. 108 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Artists in Residency
Creative Action Teaching Artists partner with a classroom teacher(s) to create and implement an arts-based project to deepen learning across the curriculum. With a customizable range of four to 25 one‑hour sessions, this program provides a creative way for students to explore and share content. The Artists in Residency program can be applied across multiple subject and content areas and incorporate various artistic mediums, such as theatre, film, writing, and visual art.
Examples of Artists in Residency include:
- Teaching Artists work with a classroom teacher to develop a play that demonstrates a particular academic subject
- Students develop a mural beautification project to celebrate what they love about their school and community
- Students write a poem with assistance from the Teaching Artist and then create a short film incorporating each student’s work
Creative Action engages in multi-year partnerships with schools to design comprehensive, year-round onsite arts integration programs to support the improvement of academic achievement, morale and attendance. Started as a partnership between Creative Action and Austin Independent School District, our Spark Schools program develops lessons with classroom teachers, embeds social and emotional learning, and offers professional development – among other strategies – to invigorate campus culture and improve student performance.
Our program can include:
- Ongoing, intensive, artist residencies providing arts-integrated theatre, visual art and digital media sessions in the classroom
- Interactive Performances: five-session residencies for each classroom, supporting social and emotional learning
- Guest artist visits, performances and cultural events to create and sustain community-building
- Development of ongoing arts-rich experiences for students and staff, including after school programming and evening showcases
- Campus transformation through the installation of murals, public art and community spaces
- Community arts projects that address needs on campus or in the school community
- Creative Action expert staff working year-round onsite to facilitate collaboration and offer professional development and/or coaching during staff meetings, workshops and classroom visits