Creative Action Online Learning Hub
Welcome to Creative Action’s Online Learning Hub! Here you’ll find projects created by our staff—including how-to videos, virtual student interviews, arts and crafts tutorials, sing-a-longs, and movement lessons—to help your children stay creative and connected to Creative Action. We hope you’ll enjoy these creative and fun activities that help your children explore how they can be Creative Artists, Courageous Allies, Critical Thinkers, and Confident Leaders.
This marks the first time many of our staff have attempted to virtually teach. Similarly, this is Creative Action’s first experience supporting online learning for students, so we are all embracing the spirit of experimentation and jumping right in!
Find an Activity
Discover fun and educational activities below! Try all of them or filter activities based on your preference.
Starting August 24
Join the Creative Action staff that your children know and love for arts enrichment that builds connections between differences and distance.
Music & Movement
Sat, September 12, 10a
Join Senior Director of Community Programs, Stephanie Chavez Noell for another virtual interactive Music & Movement class!
For ages 0-5
If you and your family enjoy these 4C activities and are in a position to do so, we humbly ask you to consider a donation to ensure we can continue to be a resource that inspires creativity, unlocks potential, and transforms lives—now and in the future.
We’re proud to have partnered this year with Cap Metro and we want to support their essential workers on the frontlines and highlight their heroic efforts! Head to your nearest bus stop (while maintaining social distance) and create chalk art that shows your gratitude!
April is National Poetry Month! The purpose of the poetry exchange is to encourage the sharing of personal experiences, perspectives, and feelings through poetry.
Creative Action’s Online Learning Hub is supported in part by:
Follow us for updates
Join our Parent Facebook Group
If you’re a Creative Action After School Parent, join our Creative Action After School Parent Facebook Group, a dedicated space for Creative Action families to share, learn, and support one another!
We’re building a collection of interesting creative resources that families can explore together. Take a look below!
- PBSparents.org allows parents to search for activities (view, play, hands-on) based upon kids’ ages 2-8 and developmental domains
- Architecture: K-12 has compiled a list of architecture and design-related resources to keep your kids busy while at home.
- Draw beautiful abstract pieces at Weave Silk
- Play with lines, shapes, and time at bomomo
- Mo Willems, beloved children’s author and Artist in Residence at the Kennedy Center, is hosting Lunch Doodles every weekday at 1pm EST
- NPR compiled a great list of upcoming live concerts featuring musicians form many genres
- Austin PBS Learning at Home Resources
- Sounds True has a handful of resources that promote personal growth and resilience for both parents and children.