WHO WE ARE:
Creative Action is a nationally-recognized youth arts education organization in Austin, Texas. As the largest provider of creative learning programs in Central Texas, we use the arts to activate the academic, social and emotional development of young people. Through interactive classroom performances, after school residencies, and community-based programs, our team of professional teaching artists inspire youth to be creative artists, courageous allies, critical thinkers, and confident leaders in their communities.
WHO WE WANT:
Creative Action’s Marketing department seeks an engaged, excited, and creative Marketing Intern for the duration of the spring semester to assist with tasks including content creation, community engagement, social media publishing, media relations research, general industry research, and more. The Marketing department is responsible for the creation and execution of Creative Action’s email newsletters, social media channels, blogs, design collateral, and fundraising campaigns.
This intern should be prepared to work in a creative team environment and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of marketing.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the creation of blog, email, campaign or social media copy
- Assist with social media publishing, including live social media publishing during events
- Organize organization’s photo library
- Assist with marketing-related research of relevant third parties and/or competitors
- Monitor and help maintain organization’s editorial calendar
- Help with creation of graphics, as skills allow
- Assist with other relevant marketing tasks
- Undergraduate student in Austin majoring in a relevant field or with an interest in the Marketing field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of social media
- Driven and hard-working
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
- Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Practical experience with current marketing and advertising techniques
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with successful marketing professionals
- Opportunity to participate in company meetings
- Flexible schedule for students
Creative Action is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and equity in the workplace. We strongly encourage those who reflect the communities we serve to apply, including bilingual individuals and/or people of color.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to Chief Marketing & Development Officer Christa Berry at email@example.com.