Our high-quality, onsite, licensed after school program engages students in visual art, filmmaking, music, puppetry, creative writing, acting, and more to deepen connections to lessons learned in the classroom, all while expanding the development of social and emotional skills. Students participate in hands-on activities led by professional teaching artists to create projects that improve the community and the world around them.
- After school runs every day of the AISD calendar from the end of the school day until 6 p.m.
- The cost for the 2019-20 school year is $255/month/child from August – May. We also offer financial aid for those that qualify.
- Go here to learn more about our financial aid policies and process.
At Maplewood Elementary, we also offer Storybook Adventures for Pre-K students 2:12 – 2:57 p.m. Students explore reading, creative drama, movement, and art around a daily storybook. Program cost is $75/month/child from August – May.
Enrollment for the 2019-20 school year is open.
After School Schedule
Updates & events:
- Maplewood After School students are invited to attend Day Camps at Ridgetop Elementary on October 11, January 6, January 7, and February 14. Check back here for a link to register.
- Students from all schools are invited to attend Day Camps at Creative Action on October 14 and February 17. Check back here for a link to register.
Zac Carr, Site Coordinator
Zac is an actor, improviser, musical comedian, and cat dad. He joined Creative Action in 2013 as a teaching artist, and has worked with students on all kinds of projects from radio shows to Rube Goldberg machines, a zombie horror movie, music videos, and even a variety TV show. He has studied improv in Chicago at the iO Theater, collaborated with international artists at a theatre laboratory in Bulgaria, and directed plays in West Texas where he was a second-grade teacher at Friona Elementary. He returned to Austin in the summer of 2018 and is energized and excited to explore and support the arts with students at Maplewood Elementary.