Many of our programs and events take place outside of schools. We frequently partner with other organizations to create community specific programs. These include activities for community events and festivals, summer camps, workshops on specific topics, and conference presentations. We also hold many classes and programs at our community arts center – Center for Creative Action!
- Kids BallEach October we host this free, interactive event with treats, kid and family-friendly activities, costume-making, and dancing as we celebrate kindness, strengths, treasures, and creativity!
- Friend FestFree family event held near Valentine’s Day with crafting activities, music and food samples at Central Market.
- East Austin Studio Tour (EAST)Gallery exhibits and signature events at the Center for Creative Action during this two-weekend East Austin event.
- Youth Arts FestFestival celebrating the art created by middle school and high school students in Creative Action’s programs. Exhibitions include theater, paintings, photography, music and film.
- Summer CampsWith a different theme each week, our summer camps will keep your kids busy, happy and growing. Each week ends with an opportunity for kids to share what they’ve discovered and made with friends and family.
EVENTS & CLASSES AT
CENTER FOR CREATIVE ACTION
- Community Art SundaysSponsored by H-E-B these free events at the Center for Creative Action celebrate community through dance, music, creativity, food, and the arts!
Our upcoming Community Art Sundays take place on October 16, November 13, January 22, February 19, and April 23.
- Saturdays at the Center
- Teen ProgramsYouth have access to groups focused on theatre, visual arts, writing, and filmmaking in our Teen Programs. Learn more
- Continuing CreativitySenior citizens can enjoy programs focused on using art to increase vitality and cognitive health in our Continuing Creativity classes. Learn more
- Social CreativitySocial Creativity gives a safe place to young adults with mild to moderate, high-functioning Autism to develop artistic tools for self-expression. Learn more