Are you someone who believes in the power of the creative arts to uplift the hearts and minds of young people? Do you have experience teaching young people through your creative skills? If so, you might be a good fit for our company.
Creative Action serves 20,000+ youth annually in seven area school districts. As the largest provider of creative learning programs in Central Texas area, we use the arts to activate the academic, social and emotional development of young people. Through interactive classroom performances, after school residencies and community based programs, our team of professional teaching artists inspire youth to be creative artists, courageous allies, critical thinkers and confident leaders in their community—we believe when youth develop these skills + build meaningful connections with peers and positive role-models, they become successful adults who contribute to their communities and thrive in their careers and relationships.
Director of Finance & Operations
Creative Action is seeking an entrepreneurial Director of Finance and Operations with an interest in joining a small and growing team. This position would be ideal for a motivated individual interested in rolling up their sleeves, expanding their skills, and building a strong administrative team.
Experience: 7-10 years of increasingly responsible professional accounting experience, including 3 years minimum experience at a non-profit; corporate or private foundation; education or arts institution.
- Partner with Executive Director to ensure that operating processes are effective and tailored to support organization’s need
- Take on a high level leadership role
- Implement polices & procedures in line with the organizations core values and mission
- Prepare and maintain organizational budget and variance analysis; and reporting for both internal and external requirements
- Perform routine accounting tasks which includes billing, payroll, grant administration, and cash management
- Perform all general ledger accounting responsibilities to ensure financial records are maintained in accordance with GAAP
- Manage banking, audit and tax responsibilities, including third party relationships
- Manage administrative staff including HR, bookkeeping and office management
- Proficiency in Quick-books, Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organizational/project management skills with high focus on managing details
- Excellent listening and communication skills-both written and oral
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and take an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving
- Maintain and demonstrate high ethical standards
- Maintain and follow best practices
We Offer: Competitive salary, health plan contribution for employee, life insurance, long-term disability and employee assistance program. As well as paid time off, fun and flexible work environment. Optional: dental, vision, and HSA.
Apply by Monday, May 1st by emailing resume, cover letter & salary requirements to email@example.com.
We are currently hiring for School-Based Interactive Performances and Spark Schools. The Out of School Time Department will hire Teaching Artists for the 2017-2018 at the start of the summer. At that time, we will reach out to all candidates who have expressed interest.
School-based Teaching Artist
Our highly successful interactive residency programs use theatre and dialogue activities in PreK-8th grade classrooms to activate social and emotional development, creative thinking, and problem-solving skills, reaching 11,000 students each year. Inspired by Theatre of the Oppressed and Theatre in Education philosophies and methods.
Must be available M-F, 7am-2pm
Spark Schools Teaching Artists-in-Residence
We develop deep, collaborative partnerships with select schools called Spark Schools. All Spark Schools Teaching Artists in Residence develop and deliver high-quality, customized Creative Action curricula during the school day to meet school needs and goals while building on existing assets and culture. Some may develop and deliver programs in partnership with school teachers.
M-F, 7:45am-3pm, though availability can be flexible
Out-of-School Time Teaching Artists
Our after school and summer camp programs serve Pre-K-12th grade students, primarily in the Austin and Del Valle school districts and at various charter schools and community sites.
M-F, 2:45-6pm, though availability can be flexible.