WHO WE ARE:
Creative Action is a nationally-recognized youth arts education organization in Austin, Texas. As the largest provider of creative learning programs in Central Texas, we use the arts to activate the academic, social and emotional development of young people. Through interactive classroom performances, after school residencies, and community-based programs, our team of professional teaching artists inspire youth to be creative artists, courageous allies, critical thinkers, and confident leaders in their communities.
WHO WE WANT:
We seek enthusiastic, creative, social-justice minded Teaching Artists to join our after school team! This position requires someone who has a growth-mindset, a can-do attitude and who believes in the power of the arts. Applicants must have flexibility, excellent organization and interpersonal skills, and the ability to foster creativity, collaboration, and communication.
Through interactive classroom performances, after school residencies, and community-based programs, Teaching Artists are the backbone of our programs, inspiring youth to be creative artists, courageous allies, critical thinkers, and confident leaders in their community.
Teaching Artists are responsible for creating and leading arts-based after school classes and will work with students to develop a culminating project or performance at the end of the program. Candidates must have general availability 2 – 6:30p Monday – Friday.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate engaging, arts-based after school classes and culminating project
- Generate arts-based curricula and submit lesson plans on a regular basis
- Establish a positive and inclusive classroom culture
- Assist with other after school program responsibilities such as snack and homework help
- Attend training on Fridays from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Maintain consistent and timely communication
- Support assessment and evaluation efforts
- Candidates must have experience in at least one of the following mediums: theatre, dance, visual art, creative drama, puppetry, music, film, digital media, photography, spoken word, creative writing, or theatre-in-education
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) applicants and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply
- To be hired, applicants will need to complete required background clearances and have current CPR/First Aid certification prior to work in a classroom
WHAT WE OFFER:
Paid professional development, an employee assistance program, reduced gym membership, access short-term disability insurance.
Creative Action is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and equity in the workplace. We strongly encourage those who reflect the communities we serve to apply, including bilingual individuals and/or people of color.