WHO WE ARE:
Creative Action is a nationally-recognized youth arts education organization in Austin, Texas. As the largest provider of creative learning programs in Central Texas, we use the arts to activate the academic, social and emotional development of young people. Through interactive classroom performances, after school residencies, and community-based programs, our team of professional teaching artists inspire youth to be creative artists, courageous allies, critical thinkers, and confident leaders in their communities.
WHO WE WANT:
We’re looking for a highly motivated, team-oriented, and proactive person who is passionate about working with young people. This position requires someone who has a growth mindset, a can-do attitude, and is a creative problem solver. Applicants must have flexibility, excellent organization and interpersonal skills, and the ability to foster creativity, collaboration, and communication. This person must be able to anticipate challenges, set positive intentions, build trust, and inspire community. We seek someone who is committed to youth development and believes that all people deserve equal opportunities and are valued for their unique life experience.
The Site Coordinator is an integral member of the Out of School Time (OST) department. This person works closely with the OST Program Director and the Director of Program Operations. This person is responsible for managing an after school program, which includes leading a team of part-time staff, coordinating program logistics, and driving the vision and safety of the program environment.
Lead a Team
- Create a program vision and establish strategies for ensuring a fun, safe, and arts-rich after school program
- Supervise, guide, and/or mentor a diverse team of part-time staff working in the program, including Teaching Artists, Program Assistants, and Assistant Site Coordinators
- Facilitate team meetings and promote collaboration between staff
- Promote and participate in special Creative Action and campus events to bring our families together in celebration and community building
- Support recruitment and training of part-time staff and help coordinate teaching assignments
- Develop strategies for part-time staff support, retention, and engagement opportunities
Drive Program Quality & Safety
- Collaborate with the OST team to achieve program and company goals
- Uphold regular communication with program partners and administrators, campus staff, parents, and other stakeholders
- Troubleshoot and resolve site-specific and programming challenges
- Maintain all site paperwork and procedures, including attendance, safety protocols, and licensing requirements
- Conduct frequent classroom observations to inform improvement efforts and staff supports as part of our professional learning community
- Develop and facilitate training for part-time staff
- Serve as site administrator and/or teach classes during summer programs and day camps
Implement Best Practices
- Participate in ongoing staff development, leadership training, and licensing certification
- Meet regularly with OST leadership team to manage program operations and troubleshoot challenges
- Implement program and staff assessment and evaluation in support of a continuous program improvement cycle
- Seek out professional development opportunities in the community and utilize local coalitions and networks to inform and enrich our programming
- Participate in Creative Action’s social justice efforts toward anti-racism and inclusive practices
- Understanding of best practices in the out of school time or youth development fields
- Experience working in after school or summer programs
- Experience managing a team or collaborative projects
- Ability to set and achieve short and long term goals
- Experience in a licensed childcare environment preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to navigate relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated high professional standards, initiative, and integrity
- Must be able to balance working independently and being a team player
- Ability to prioritize and navigate workload in response to departmental needs
- Proficiency with Word and Google suite, and an aptitude for learning new technology and systems
- Must be able to maintain HHS state licensing certification requirements, including background checks, mandatory training, and minimum required annual training hours
- Transportation essential — travel expected between program site and the Creative Action office
- Some travel (in and out of state) required
- Occasional night and weekend work required
WHAT WE OFFER:
Competitive salary, health plan contributions, life insurance, long-term disability, and an employee assistance program. We also offer paid time off + a fun and flexible work environment.
Creative Action is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and equity in the workplace. We strongly encourage those who reflect the communities we serve to apply, including bilingual individuals and/or people of color.
Take some time to familiarize yourself with our organization, what we do, and what we believe in. Then, if this seems like a community you’d like to be a part of, please email your resume and a thoughtful cover letter (required) to Nadia Rangel at email@example.com. Posting will remain open until July 5, 2019. Position begins in early August.