WHO WE ARE:
Creative Action is a nationally-recognized youth arts education organization in Austin, Texas. As the largest provider of creative learning programs in Central Texas, we use the arts to activate the academic, social and emotional development of young people. Through interactive classroom performances, after school residencies, and community-based programs, our team of professional teaching artists inspire youth to be creative artists, courageous allies, critical thinkers, and confident leaders in their communities.
WHO WE WANT:
Are you looking to make a difference in a child’s life? Would you enjoy being a positive role model to young people? Looking for a great way to start a rewarding career with youth? Join the Creative Action team of after school professionals as a Program Assistant! Be part of a fun, active, arts-rich program in which youth develop their creativity, confidence, and critical thinking skills. Program Assistants are mentors, activity leaders, and role models, and must:
- Have a fun and friendly personality
- Have a can-do attitude and collaborative spirit
- Enjoy working alongside children preK – 6th
- Be able to gain and maintain the attention of young people
- Be resourceful and flexible
- Be a reliable team player
- Have a passion for working with young people
All Program Assistant positions are part-time, Monday-Friday, 12 – 16 hours per week between the hours of 2 – 6p. Pay is $12.50/hour, pre-service and ongoing training is required (paid at $10/hour).
Program Assistants are an essential part of our after school program and contribute to our vibrant and supportive program environment. Responsibilities include:
- Leading team building games and managing activity stations
- Supporting homework, snack, and outdoor play
- Monitoring students during program transitions
- Helping out in creative arts classes, assisting with administrative tasks, and engaging with youth and their parents during pick up and special events
Program Assistants, with their colleagues across campuses, will participate in ongoing training on creative youth development, social emotional learning, and best practices in nurturing young people in an after school environment.
Applicants must have reliable transportation to their program site and timely, consistent communication. Training/orientation begins in early August and regular site hours begin August 20 and run through the end of the school year.
Minimum eligibility requirements:
- Must be 18 or older
- Must have a high school diploma/GED
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be able to obtain CPR/First Aid certification
- Reliable transportation
WHAT WE OFFER:
Competitive salary, health plan contributions, life insurance, long-term disability, and an employee assistance program. We also offer paid time off + a fun and flexible work environment.
Creative Action is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and equity in the workplace. We strongly encourage those who reflect the communities we serve to apply, including bilingual individuals and/or people of color.