WHO WE ARE:
Creative Action is a nationally-recognized youth arts education organization in Austin, Texas. As the largest provider of creative learning programs in Central Texas, we use the arts to activate the academic, social and emotional development of young people. Through interactive classroom performances, after school residencies, and community-based programs, our team of professional teaching artists inspire youth to be creative artists, courageous allies, critical thinkers, and confident leaders in their communities.
WHO WE WANT:
We’re looking for a highly motivated, self-starting, forward-thinking visionary who loves technology and building systems. The ideal candidate can anticipate potential problems, effectively and patiently communicate and train a diverse staff with varying technical capabilities, possesses a can-do work style, values collaboration, and has the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
Applicants should be curious about new software and technology, demonstrate strong problem-solving skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, and be excited about developing and streamlining systems. This person will find opportunities to be innovative, creative, and have fun at work, and believes that all people deserve equal opportunities and are valued for their life experience.
The IT and Data Manager is an integral member of the Operations Department and will work closely with the COO. This person will analyze technology on a regular basis ensuring best practices, security, compliance, and innovation. They will be responsible for data management, systems administration, and developing and streamlining processes. They will be responsible for ensuring all staff can use technology and systems with confidence and ease.
Responsibilities for supporting the organization on all technology needs include:
- Google Suite system administration and support
- Administrative support for all systems and applications
- Implement, maintain, and enhance data integrations and import/export between the CRM and other business platforms
- Vendor and consultant management
- Deployment and support for desktop equipment
- Assist all team members with computer issues and answering questions
- Provide training on all systems and platforms to staff as necessary
- Provide management and support of all technology and platform projects
- Key person for technology research and strategy
- Assist with the creation and enforcement of technology and data policies and procedures
- Demonstrated high professional standards, initiative, and integrity
- Strong technical skills in systems and applications including Excel
- Must have exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to balance working independently and being part of a collaborative team environment
- Must be able to handle numerous interruptions throughout the day
- Must be able to prioritize projects based on the needs of the organization
- Must participate in Creative Action’s social justice efforts toward anti-racism and inclusive practices
- Other assignments as necessary
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a technical field
- Experience in administration of Google Suite (preferred) or similar platforms (i.e. MS Office 365)
- Experience working with data and understanding relational database concepts
- Experience with donor management systems, HRIS Platforms, and other systems a plus
- Experience effectively training staff with varying levels of technological knowledge
WHAT WE OFFER:
Competitive salary, health insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, a discounted gym membership and an employee assistance program. We also offer paid time off and a fun and flexible work environment.
Creative Action is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and equity in the workplace. We strongly encourage those who reflect the communities we serve to apply, including bilingual individuals and/or people of color.
TO APPLY: Accepting applications through July 1st, 2019. Position to remain open until filled.
Take some time to familiarize yourself with our organization, what we do, and what we believe in. Then, if this seems like a community you’d like to be a part of, please email your resume and a cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1st, 2019. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.