WHO WE ARE:
Creative Action is a nationally-recognized youth arts education organization in Austin, Texas. As the largest provider of creative learning programs in Central Texas, we use the arts to activate the academic, social and emotional development of young people. Through interactive classroom performances, after school residencies, and community-based programs, our team of professional teaching artists inspire youth to be creative artists, courageous allies, critical thinkers, and confident leaders in their communities.
WHO WE WANT:
We’re looking for a highly-motivated, self-starting, and detail-oriented person who likes to dig into projects. This position requires someone who values collaboration, can-do thinking, respectful communication, and appreciation of diversity and difference. Applicants should be deadline-driven, demonstrate strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects, and have excellent writing skills.
The Development Coordinator is an integral member of the Marketing & Development Department, supporting fundraising and development initiatives and bolstering organizational efficiency through utilizing our CRM database. This position is responsible for assisting in donor relations as well as grant writing and compliance with foundation, corporate, and government grant funders.
- Maintains grant calendar and submissions
- Works closely with grants director to write grant narratives
- Researches new grant opportunities
- Manages grant reporting to foundations, businesses, and government agencies as needed
- Manages donor stewardship efforts, including stewardship calendar and ensuring donors are thanked and feel valued
- Assists with the mail out efforts for at least two direct mails a year
- Oversees logistics for program visits
- Interfaces with donors as needed
- Oversees daily operation of CRM including gift processing, contact management, and troubleshooting
- Maintains data integrity by ensuring we are maintaining accuracy of donor and stakeholder detail
- Works closely with in-house IT & Data Manager on troubleshooting and maintenance of CRM
- Ensures the database is segmented effectively for targeted marketing activities
- Develops and maintains cultivation and prospecting reports for Director of Development & Executive Director
- Works with IT & Data Manager to establish trainings, ensuring our staff have the knowledge and understanding of the importance of proper data management in order to fulfill our mission
- Provides support to marketing and communications on campaigns, segmentation and analytics for emails, newsletters, and other communication functions, including integration with social media activities
- Assist Development Manager in executing events
- Represent Creative Action at events as needed
- Assist with board meetings as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in grants, data collection and reporting, nonprofit, fundraising or relatable skills
- Excellent communication skills as well as strong writing skills (you may be asked to submit a writing sample)
- Comfort in calling and interacting with businesses and donors on behalf of Creative Action
- Working knowledge of nonprofit functions, including development and fundraising, experience working on special events and fundraising campaigns a plus
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrated high professional standards, initiative, and integrity
- Flexible, can-do attitude with attention to detail
- Strong technical skills in systems and applications including Excel
- Must be a problem solver, able to multi-task and work independently
- Excellent customer service skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
Competitive salary, health plan contributions, life insurance, long-term disability, and an employee assistance program. We also offer paid time off + a fun and flexible work environment.
TO APPLY: Accepting applications through July 12th, 2019
Take some time to familiarize yourself with our organization, what we do, and what we believe in. Then, if this seems like a community you’d like to be a part of, please email your resume and a cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.