by Mitch Harris, Community Relations Intern
Unfortunately though, I’m a bit too old to run underneath a parachute like these guys or wear a crazy colored giant paper bag hat while gorging on pie any old day.
Good thing that’s where I Spy Pie! comes in.
I Spy Pie! is our fall fundraiser complete with live music, games, and crafts aimed at children and families, but there’s no reason the young at heart can’t get into the fun by volunteering.
Creative Action is currently seeking volunteers on Oct. 20 to help run the events and stations that will overtake Central Market on North Lamar. We need the following:
- Parachute lifters as children run and giggle underneath
- Pie passer-outers to decide who in fact has the best pie
- Face painters to turn humans into lions, tiger, and bears (oh my!)
- Hat creators to crown the heads of volunteers and participants alike
- Puppet makers to bring ideas to life
- Apron decorators to create one of a kind masterpieces
- Musical chair maestros to run the game while players compete for pie
- Donation grabbers to help us reach our fundraising goals
- Setter uppers and tearer downers to make sure everything runs smoothly
- And more!
It will be a whirlwind of live music, delicious pie, and family fun.
There will be two shifts. One from 9:45-1:45 and another from 12:45-3:45. Only a few hours can not only change your Saturday for the better, but also change someone’s life.
Click here to sign up for a volunteer shift today!
P.S. My favorite pie is Pecan because a few years ago, I was put in charge of baking pies for a Thanksgiving my friends were hosting. After pulling an all-nighter trying not to screw up or burn one, I finally made a pristine pecan pie and my friends were convinced I was a culinary genius.
Join us at I Spy Pie! on Saturday, October 20th at Central Market North. 12 – 3 p.m.
Family fun, arts and crafts and pie for families of all ages!
Want to volunteer? Sign up here for 1 or 2 (or both) shifts: I Spy Pie! Volunteer Sign Up.