DAY 2: Design
- What do you think a bird feeder should look like?
- What do you think a bird feeder or house should have?
- What shapes did you draw?
- Can you create a design that uses a circle, triangle, rectangle, square or polygon?
- How many birds can you count?
- How many different types birds can you find? (For 2-3rd, download the Audubon bird app below for identification of different birds).
Upper Elementary (3rd-6th)
- What type of bird feeder would be the sturdiest for a bird?
- Would a light bird (Hummingbird) need a different structure than a heavier bird (Pigeon)?
- Research different types of bird feeders and adjust your drawing based on what you discover.
Draw two different types of birdhouses/birdfeeders.