Last year tested many of us – from teachers, students, and parents alike. Our staff worked hard to create, test, and ultimately provide quality arts enrichment virtually. Starting with the Creative Action Online Learning Hub, and going into the Virtual Summer series, we developed ways to help young people develop holistically—blending arts education and youth development in an online space.
In the fall, we applied what we learned in spring and summer to our new virtual arts enrichment program, Creative Action Together. Trained professional Teaching Artists lead their students in lessons for visual art, music, movement, puppetry, creative writing, acting, and more.
Spring 2021 Offerings
We are excited to announce additional creative and fun virtual options for the Spring 2021 semester. While we will continue to provide art education through the Online Learning Hub and Creative Action Together, we’ve also added flexible online classes through Outschool!
Learning With Outschool
Outschool is the largest marketplace of live online classes for kids. It connects learners, parents, and teachers to create interest-based, small-group learning experiences.
Here, Creative Action will offer one-off and multi-day classes to fit your schedule. Your children can dive into art and performance classes that are distinct to their interests, and still get the unique experience that Creative Action provides. Classes include:
- Mr. Freddy’s World: The Pink Castle Kingdom (Ages 3-5)
- Improv Fun and Games! (Ages 5-7)
- Storybook Adventures! (Ages 5-7)
- We Are All Different! (Ages 6-8)
- Meet a Mockingbird: An Art Adventure! (Ages 6-8)
- Object Puppetry! (Ages 7-9)
- Beat Boxing Fun & Games (Ages 8-10)
- Improv Club! (Ages 8-10)
- Be a Stop Motion Studio Pro! (Ages 8-10)
- Next Level Filmmaking (Ages 15-18)
- Hero School! (Ages 7-9)
- Hero School! (Ages 9-11)
- Curious Art With Alma Thomas (Ages 6-8)
- Curious Art With Alma Thomas (Ages 9-11)
- Curious Art With Alma Thomas (Ages 12-14)
- Homestyle Crafts: Marble Making! (Ages 5-7)
- Homestyle Crafts: Make Your Own Play-Doh! (Ages 5-7)
- Homestyle Crafts: Musical Instruments! (Ages 5-7)
- Homestyle Crafts: Paper Quilling! (Ages 5-7)
- Homestyle Crafts: Magic Rainbows! (Ages 5-7)
- Homestyle Crafts: Bouncing Buttons! (Ages 5-7)
- By Request: Produce Your Podcast! (Ages 8-10)
- By Request: The Art of an Ally: Creating With Courageous Artists (Ages 9-11)
- By Request: The Art of an Ally: Creating With Courageous Artists (Ages 12-14)
- By Request: Improv Fun and Games! (Ages 5-7)
- By Request: Improv Fun and Games! (Ages 8-10)
Classes start at just $12 and financial aid is available. For families new to Outschool, after you spend $120 on classes, you get a $20 credit PLUS Creative Action receives a $25 cash referral!
Creative Action Together
This semester, we will continue to offer Creative Action Together.
These classes are tailored to connect students with lessons and games specific to their developmental needs, including more connection with kids their age. We now offer classes for:
- Pre-K – Kinder
- Kinder -1st grade
- 2nd – 3rd grade
- 4th – 5th grade.