Looking back at the year in review, Creative Action’s programs have changed the lives of more than 18,000 youth. We’ve provided high quality creative learning in seven area school districts across Central Texas. These children and teens have gained confidence, leadership, empathy, critical thinking, and communication skills. They have taken the steps to become creative artists, courageous allies, critical thinkers, and confident leaders in their community.
In 2013, Creative Action had some amazing highlights. Here are just a few of the great things that happened this year!
- Creative Action broke ground on a new community arts center and launched a capital campaign to expand programs and facilities in the new building.
- Our counter-bullying program, The Courage to Stand, has now reached more than 21,000 students in the past decade.
- We expanded our Teen Programs to include Color Squad and Outside the Lines. Color Squad worked alongside professional artists, Todd Sanders and Rory Skagen, to complete a renovation of the famous “Greetings from Austin” mural.
- Creative Action’s professional development program increased this year. In November, we trained 500 AISD classroom teachers to integrate the arts into their curriculum.
- This fall, our after school program reached 45 sites every week totaling more than 10,000 hours of classes in six school districts.
Thanks to supporters like you, Creative Action is growing and improving our existing programs to support youth in Central Texas. We look forward to opening the new Center for Creative Action for this great community. Happy New Year!