Our high-quality, onsite, licensed after school program engages students in visual art, filmmaking, music, puppetry, creative writing, acting, and more to deepen connections to lessons learned in the classroom, all while expanding the development of social and emotional skills. Students participate in hands-on activities led by professional teaching artists to create projects that improve the community and the world around them.
- After school runs every day of the AISD calendar from the end of the school day until 6 p.m.
- The cost for the 2019-20 school year is $255/month/child but we do offer financial aid for those that qualify
- Go here to learn more about our financial aid policies and process
Enrollment for the 2019-20 school year is open.
After School Schedule
3:00 – Recess at the playground (or in the classroom if it’s raining).
3:30 – Snack in the cafeteria. We offer free hot meals from the cafeteria Monday – Thursday and a cold snack on Fridays. Families are not required to participate in this. Please contact me if you’re concerned about food allergies.
5:30 – Homework/chill time in the classrooms.
6:00 – Parent pick up in classrooms.
Updates & events:
- Blanton After School students are invited to attend Day Camps at Ridgetop Elementary on October 11, January 6, January 7, and February 14. Check back here for a link to register.
- Students from all schools are invited to attend Day Camps at the Center for Creative Action on October 14 and February 17. Check back here for a link to register.
Lise Wilson, Site Coordinator
Lise Wilson is a Canadian transplant to Austin with a BA in First Nations Studies/Native Studies with a focus on ethnobotany and deconstructing colonialism. She also has a background in dance, singing, theatre, and multi-media arts. Lise has a passion for guiding young people to find their voices and explore their creative selves through the arts. She also loves to get her hands dirty, building things, creating gardens or gathering medicinal plants in wild places. Hiking, swimming, camping, canoeing, singing with friends or dancing in her kitchen with her kids are some of the ways that she finds peace and joy.