Our high-quality, onsite, licensed after school program engages students in visual art, filmmaking, music, puppetry, creative writing, acting, and more to deepen connections to lessons learned in the classroom, all while expanding the development of social and emotional skills. Students participate in hands-on activities led by professional teaching artists to create projects that improve the community and the world around them.
- After school runs every day of the AISD calendar from the end of the school day until 6 p.m.
- The cost for the 2018-19 school year is $248/month/child but we do offer financial aid for those that qualify
- Go here to learn more about our financial aid policies and process
Enrollment is now open.
Should your child’s campus become full, we encourage you to sign up for the waitlist in the instance a slot opens up.
Updates & events:
- Blanton After School students are invited to attend Day Camp at Maplewood Elementary on October 5, January 3, and January 4. Register for Day Camp here.
- Students from all schools are invited to attend Day Camp at the Center for Creative Action on October 8 and February 18. Register for Day Camp here.
Lise Wilson, Site Coordinator
Lise Wilson is a Canadian transplant to Austin with a BA in First Nations Studies/Native Studies with a focus on ethnobotany and deconstructing colonialism. She also has a background in dance, singing, theatre, and multi-media arts. Lise has a passion for guiding young people to find their voices and explore their creative selves through the arts. She also loves to get her hands dirty, building things, creating gardens or gathering medicinal plants in wild places. Hiking, swimming, camping, canoeing, singing with friends or dancing in her kitchen with her kids are some of the ways that she finds peace and joy.