Our high-quality, onsite, licensed after school program engages students in visual art, filmmaking, music, puppetry, creative writing, acting, and more to deepen connections to lessons learned in the classroom, all while expanding the development of social and emotional skills. Students participate in hands-on activities led by professional teaching artists to create projects that improve the community and the world around them.
- After school runs every day of the AISD calendar from the end of the school day until 6 p.m.
- The cost for the 2018-19 school year is $248/month/child but we do offer financial aid for those that qualify
- Go here to learn more about our financial aid policies and process
Enrollment is now open.
Should your child’s campus become full, we encourage you to sign up for the waitlist in the instance a slot opens up.
Updates & events:
- Creative Action will host Day Camps at Baranoff on September 24, October 8, January 3, January 4, February 15, February 18, and April 19. These days are student holidays when no school will be held. Register for Day Camp here.
- Students at all schools are invited to attend Day Camp at the Center for Creative Action on October 8 and February 18. Register for Day Camp here.
Dawn Burnside, Site Coordinator
Dawn Burnside is a youth activist who has always had a passion for youth development. Dawn has a gift; a passion and duty to live a life of servitude for black and brown youth. She was born and raised in Harlem, New York. An upbringing teeming with what most would consider hardship, endowed her with a sense of confidence and pride like no other. Dawn dauntlessly believes that there is nothing in this world she cannot do or gain, and it can all be accredited to her origins in what was once referred to as ”Black Mecca”. Harlem gave Dawn an indomitable spirit, a sense of culture, and a well-developed awareness of self. Dawn is super excited to work in a new elementary school with new students working on a musical — it’s going to be amazing.