Each year, Creative Action works with area school districts to conduct professional development for teachers. During the day, teachers gain new techniques to teach core academic content through arts-based strategies. They also learn new skills for providing culturally responsive instruction and social emotional learning in the classroom.
Creative Action’s Professional Development:
- bridges academic, social and emotional learning through creative learning strategies
- provides cultural responsiveness and relevancy
- offers a unique embedded PD approach through which students and teachers receive opportunities to participate in arts-based learning
- helps administrators and teachers build upon already existing initiatives with customized content
- blends multiple art forms to achieve the highest level of engagement and enrichment