Creative Action’s 2020 Impact Project
As part of our mission to help young people become courageous allies who stand up for equity and use their creative voice to make a difference in the community, each year we choose a different social justice issue or theme and launch a youth-driven, arts-based collective impact project. This year, our efforts will focus on climate change and environmental justice, inspiring youth and community members to DREAM GREEN and practice sustainability at school and at home.
In spring 2020, Creative Action will launch a special campaign called DREAM GREEN to amplify youth voice and raise awareness around environmental sustainability, waste reduction, and resource conservation. The project will involve youth and families across our Creative Action programs. Our goals are to:
- Educate our students and the community at-large about the importance of sustainability, how to shrink your environmental footprint, and how to speak up about environmental justice.
- Help more youth and families practice sustainability in their daily lives.
- Reduce waste within our organization and our programs.
- Empower young people to make a difference in their community through the arts, specifically around environmental sustainability and justice.
- Support Austin’s city-wide sustainability efforts through strategic partnerships with local nonprofits, businesses, schools, artists, and community organizations.
DREAM Green Partners:
Interested in becoming a partner? Take a look at our sponsorship packet or reach out to email@example.com
Sustainable art projects, lessons, and activities led by youth and Teaching Artists at 45+ Creative Action after school sites, focused on sustainability, waste reduction, and climate justice.January - May
Cap Metro Electric
Bus Project Reveal:
Public reveal of Cap Metro's two new zero-emissions electric buses, wrapped in designs by students from L.L. Campbell Elementary Media & Performing Arts AcademyJanuary 22, 2020
Community Art Sunday:
DREAM GREEN community kick off with sustainable art activities, performances, and workshops for all ages to raise awareness about and promote environmental sustainability and waste reduction.January 26, 2020
Earth Day Exhibit Opening Party:
More details to comeApril 2, 2020
Community Art Sunday:
EARTH DAY-themed with sustainable art activities, performances, and workshops for all ages to raise awareness about and promote environmental sustainability and waste reduction.April 19, 2020
Color Squad Mural Reveal:
A public mural designed and created by Color Squad, our public art program for high school students, in partnership with Austin Creative Reuse and Cap Metro.May 2, 2020
Youth Arts Fest:
Our annual Youth Arts Festival featuring sustainable artwork and projects by Creative Action after school students from 45+ sites.May 9, 2020